Position: Float Process Engineer
• This role is responsible for process development and improvements at the Float Glass process (Hot end). Assisting with managing a 24 / 7 manufacturing process where raw materials are melted, and the molten glass is then formed into float glass which can then be processed in downstream fabrication departments
• Build a foundational understanding of the float line (Batch house, Furnace, Tin Bath, Quality).
• Develop safe, compliant and reliable operations through standard work procedures and statistical process control.
• Identify improvement opportunities for improvement and optimization Ownership of output quality, production results, and process waste Lead troubleshooting and problem-solving events.
• Self-driven and motivated individual, capable of leading or supporting, working as an individual or as part of a cross functional team.
• B.E. / B.Tech. in Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Industrial / Operations Engineering, Materials / Ceramic Science.
•Minimum 6-8 years of relevant experience working in a fast pace manufacturing environment. Lean / Six Sigma Experience
•Familiarity with data collection, SQL and database design.
Consultancy: G Gheewala Human Resource Consultants, Mumbai