Role Purpose: To carry out both planned and unplanned maintenance activities, installing, maintaining, adjusting, calibrating and / or testing plant and equipment to ensure it is functioning in compliance with Operating standards and available to meet Production requirements.
• Observe and inspect equipment and identify any defects / issues in order to ensure that equipment is functioning properly and in compliance with specific operating standards
• Record inspection results, perform standard data analysis if required, and record all data in specified log sheets according to set operating procedures in order to ensure that plant and equipment data is available for PPM analysis.
• Assess straightforward defects / issues and determine whether equipment should be repaired or replaced in order to support the continuous availability of fully functioning plant and equipment at optimal cost
• Make temporary and / or permanent repairs where necessary in order to ensure that plant equipment is functioning properly and in compliance with operating standards
• Carry out emergency / unscheduled diagnosis and repair activities when necessary in order to ensure that equipment is available to meet operational needs
• Carry out regular calibration of equipment, ensuring that calibration schedules are met and results recorded in order to ensure ongoing plant / equipment accuracy and reliability
• Inspect Maintenance tools and equipment in order to ensure they are in good working condition and fit
• Report abnormal observations and measures to senior colleagues in order to ensure appropriate remedial action and / or planning of future maintenance activity
• Ensure all operating, safety, environment and quality procedures are followed in order to ensure the highest standards of operational integrity are achieved and maintained
• Actively participate in Suggestion System and QC Circle activities and seek opportunities for improvement in maintenance activities and processes in order to support the ongoing achievement of the highest operating standards
• Reduce vehicle down time and accelerate maintenance activities through improvisation.
• Repair / Replace damaged parts before they cause breakdowns that could damage critical components of the Vehicle
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
• Technical Diploma or Degree in Electrical Engineering with 3.5 years relevant work experience in electrical repair and maintenance of heavy equipment
• Specific knowledge and understanding of both equipment and process operation in own area
• Full knowledge of equipment and / or process Parameters and controls
• Complete knowledge of operating and safety procedures and standards
• Ability to read technical drawings
• Analytical capability
• Basic computer skills
• English language skills — written and spoken
Suitable candidate can send us their updated CV in MS-Word to firstname.lastname@example.org compulsorily mentioning the position in subject line.
Consultancy: G Gheewala Human Resource Consultants, Mumbai